Callista

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    Thank you Dana – I adore the Red Priest.

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    Baz you had me worried! Mercury retrograde already?

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    It helps to have an open mind about so much that we don’t understand, and can’t understand from the viewpoint of our paradigm. There is a lot about our history that has remained hidden or deliberately distorted. I particularly like the information from Alex Collier (I don’t agree with ALL of it, but a lot of it I can accept, according to my own…[Read more]

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    Thanks for this one Baz – good to see Forum Borealis (thank you Al and team!) bringing this overview of the Breakaway Civilisation. This info needs to go out far and wide.

  • Callista posted an update 8 years, 11 months ago

    Cara, your Tchaikovsky inspired me to look for more, and found this treasure – its so divine and so deliciously Russian.
    Tchaikovsky – Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom, Op. 41
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXyxQVJCGs

    • This sure does open with emphasis 🙂

    • It’s hard to find words for this .. “out of THIS world” comes kinda close ..
      Awesome !! … thanks Callista .. 🙂

    • This is exquisite . . . One of my favorite and most played albums is a collection ti tled ‘Sacred Treasures: Choral Masterpieces From Russia ‘ with various composers and choruses. You can listen to the entire album here. The songs will automatically play in order. I esp. like #2 and #6.…[Read more]

      • Thank you.
        Such an inspirational musical instrument, the human voice. One need not understand the words. Soul speaking to kindred soul.

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    Thank you Joseph – its the middle of the night for me in Oz, but I always listen to the archives the next day. I really appreciate your time and energy going into these vidchats.

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 11 months ago

    I can also understand them disliking Julie Bishop (lol)

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 8 years, 12 months ago

    thank you Baz – totally divine!!

  • Callista posted an update 8 years, 12 months ago

    Just heard this on Klassik Radio Barock and wanted to share – its just delightful. Friedrich II Der Große. Symphony No 3 in D major. Il Rè pastore

  • Callista posted an update 9 years ago

    The Two Most Hilarious Things NASA Has Ever Said

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    It is my hope that those who are ensnared in the satanic pounding of the popular ‘music’ will one night hear the strains of the Baroque entering their dreams on a silken thread, and they will say “Let me discover this heavenly music, that I may become whole in my spirit”.

  • Callista posted an update 9 years ago

    For your enjoyment on this full moon : JS Bach,WF Bach,JL Krebs,Concertos for 2 Harpsichords
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qY_wVzgAGM

    • Baz replied 9 years ago

      G. F. Händel – La Resurrezione HWV 47 for your pleasure
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGU8dFgw4s

      • It is my hope that those who are ensnared in the satanic pounding of the popular ‘music’ will one night hear the strains of the Baroque entering their dreams on a silken thread, and they will say “Let me discover this heavenly music, that I may become whole in my spirit”.

  • Callista posted an update 9 years ago

    Dr. Paglia has been warning about the decline and corruption of the modern humanities for decades, and she is a serious critic of the postmodern ethos that currently dominates much of academia.

  • Callista posted an update 9 years ago

    Finally! my copy of ‘Hess and the Penguins” arrived 2 days ago – I am one third through the labyrinth, carefully carrying a large ball of thread…

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    Divine! Definitely göttlich! Thank you Baz

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    Don’t overdo it Dahling! I recommend the occasional fugue (C.P.E. of course) to counteract the Jaroussky or you will be awake all night! Update: Yes its 1:37am for me so I thought it would be later for you (can’t reply on your last, website must have run out of paper)

    • Baz replied 9 years ago

      You must have read my mind…was just going to post in the Forum with some CPE btw it’s 03.03hrs here so I am awake all night

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    WOW what a treat! An aria from the movie “Farinelli”, but now with Jaroussky’s voice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8HuTVSB4Yw

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    Another clip from the movie is here :

    One of the comments below the video says:
    “Although Dionisi provided the speaking voice, Farinelli’s singing voice was provided by the Polish soprano, Ewa Malas-Godlewska and a countertenor, Derek Lee Ragin, who were recorded separately then digitally merged to…[Read more]

  • Callista posted a new activity comment 9 years ago

    EXACTLY Dahling!!

  • Callista posted an update 9 years ago

    For a change of pace – I have just ‘discovered’ the castrato Carlo Broschi – enjoy this piece of candy from the film “Farinelli”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIPQtelKN28

    • Baz replied 9 years ago

      Double swoon !
      I hope you get to listen to Phillipe Jaroussky some time
      there is a recording of Alessandro Moreschi (allegedly the last castrato) on YouTube which is, frankly, quite eerie.

    • Looks like something that could have come from Fellini . . . I’ll have to listen later 😉

      • Baz replied 9 years ago

        If I remember correctly, the voice for Farinelli’s singing was an overdubbing of 2 female voices in the film soundtrack . I suspect that if they had used a real counter tenor the cries of “transhumanist agenda” would have been made years earlier than this current panic.

        • Another clip from the movie is here :

          One of the comments below the video says:
          “Although Dionisi provided the speaking voice, Farinelli’s singing voice was provided by the Polish soprano, Ewa Malas-Godlewska and a countertenor, Derek Lee Ragin, who were recorded separately then digitally merged to…[Read more]

        • Baz replied 9 years ago

          I’m putting Dr.Farrell’s old vidchats on hold for a while to Jaroussky myself, possibly via Gluck (qv.)

          • Don’t overdo it Dahling! I recommend the occasional fugue (C.P.E. of course) to counteract the Jaroussky or you will be awake all night! Update: Yes its 1:37am for me so I thought it would be later for you (can’t reply on your last, website must have run out of paper)

            • Baz replied 9 years ago

              You must have read my mind…was just going to post in the Forum with some CPE btw it’s 03.03hrs here so I am awake all night

  • Load More