shamus

  • Shiloh is skeptical… but… c’est arrive! Thank you, a BIG thank you, to all of you who made it happen!

  • A long day (and night) of housecleaning is over… am trying to unwind with one of my fave organ pieces (on pedal harpsichord), from an old album by Anthony Newman that my organ teacher had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6TMWNjpZw

  • The third quarter wrap up, with Catherine Austin Fitts and Joseph Part 2, is now available in the members/audio/cast area for download. It runs 2:37.

  • Folks there may be yet again a last minute schedule change… and that may mean there is no news and views (again) tomorrow. I am very sorry for this, but it cannot be avoided. I have NOT scheduled a vidchat this Friday as I may just have to turn around and cancel again… I will try to keep everyone posted.

    • Don’t sweat it Dr Farrell. I for one am thrilled that you actually have boxes of components of the organ actually delivered! Actual tangible evidence of the imminent delivery of that fabled organ. Soon the battle station will be fully operational…

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    It is one of JSB’s more unusual pieces, for sure. I’m obviously not on board those who think it was composed by someone else.

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    That would be a bit of a mess, with one “emeritus pontiff” already living in the Vatican. Anyway, for much of the Middle Ages there were rival popes, with the loosing ones be branded as “anti-popes”….

    • As painful as another “Great Western Schism” would be, they’d better do something, for the mess Bergoglio is making of their Church is far worse.

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    This story will not go away.

    • Much to Bergoglio’s frustration, I’m sure. I hope all decent Catholics find the means and strength to depose him.

      • That would be a bit of a mess, with one “emeritus pontiff” already living in the Vatican. Anyway, for much of the Middle Ages there were rival popes, with the loosing ones be branded as “anti-popes”….

        • As painful as another “Great Western Schism” would be, they’d better do something, for the mess Bergoglio is making of their Church is far worse.

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted an update 8 years ago

    A really fine performance of the first movement of the Triple Concerto. This movement is another one of my faves.

    • Been a fan of this whole concerto since I was a teenager. I believe it was the third movement that first drew me in.

      • It is one of JSB’s more unusual pieces, for sure. I’m obviously not on board those who think it was composed by someone else.

  • Silas Pardner posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    Yeah … I think Kahlypso had a couple of relevant posts on this a couple of days ago and kindled some warm reactions.

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    Scarlatti was definitely a wild thinker. I think one of the most enjoyable performances I heard of him was Bob James performing some of his sonatas on a synthesizer. Wonderful stuff. Check it out: Fuga del Gatto, and then the final Allegrissimo:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0T4SaISYY

  • Freefall posted an update 8 years ago

    Alex from Skeptiko interviews Al from Forum Borealis ..
    Parts 1 (18th Sept) and 2 (25th Sept) can be found here .. http://skeptiko.com/past-shows-2/past-shows/

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    Interesting comment and observation Dana. I suspect it is also a feature of the secularized Calvinism of New England.

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    The instrument has become more “virtual” than expected…

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted an update 8 years ago

    Folks, I’ve had to revise the vidchat schedule somewhat this month, so please keep checking that regularly. The reason is, of course, that the organ (supposedly) is finally nearing completion and a delivery date, but this has not been finalized, so the schedule may jump around a bit. I apologize and thank everyone for your patience.

    • The instrument has become more “virtual” than expected…

    • No problem Joseph . . . after all this time! Even this close prospect is exciting! I hope Shiloh copes well. BTW, I got a big laugh imagining you throwing squeeky toys around the living room for her.

      • I have been concerned about Shiloh with so many strangers… I am going to have to put her in the bathroom I think, and take her outside from time to time. As for toys, she still doesn’t know how to play, but she is at least barking now. Slowly but surely we’re overcoming whatever abuse she suffered.

        • I’m sure she will respond to your patient love. I’ve been watching so many pet videos lately of successful recoveries from past abuse. Peaceful thoughts to you and Shiloh.

          • She’s come a LONG way, believe me, since I first brought her home three months ago. She’s very sweet and very smart and talkative. Much more so than when she first got her. She’s even gradually warming up to the neighbor lady.

      • Say, I wonder if Shiloh will sing along with Joseph’s playing, as dogs are wont to do… A friend’s pet boxer softly howls out a harmony every time he plays harmonica or sings. That would be the sweetest thing ever!

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted an update 8 years ago

    Folks I want to thank everyone who has bought the new book. It just cleared that “magical threshold” I had in my head for this experiment, so I will like do all books in a self-published format in the future.

    • That’s great news. This might also facilitate editions translated into other languages, avoiding thorny issues of rights held by publishers.

    • Yes, great news and now the New York Times knows what it can do with their best selling list, they can………..censored !!!!!!!!!!!

  • Well, it’s three months now since little Shiloh adopted me, and she says I’m doing much better about interpreting her whines, so she has moved on to barking and teaching me what each one means. This is a good sign that I’m settling in, she says, because she hadn’t barked for the first month and a half in order not to confuse me. She also reports…[Read more]

    • As a person with WAY too many dogs, and a pack of 5 that live in my house (3 are Great Pyrenees), I will vouch for some dogs trying their very best to “talk”. One of the breeds I have is Schipperke, a little Belgian breed used on barges for alarm purposes and rat patrol, is characteristically known for their over the top brains and two of mine…[Read more]

    • I’ve had Beauregard a year now. He was a 5 month old rescue when I got him. If I’m reading he settles down nicely for half an hr. He gives me a short mmn ending on a higher note. That means ‘are you done?’ I can say, give me 5 min and he’ll ‘sigh’ his ok. Then in about 10, he’ll say mmmm in an up and down sing song tone. That means, ‘are you…[Read more]

    • If she’s starting barking now that’s a good sign. She’s started trusting you and knows that it’s safe for her to be herself 🙂 How lovely 🙂

  • Finally, a Western news outlet acknowledges this 5 year old ongoing Saudi American massacre in Yemen https://youtu.be/PUupPymm-Y8

  • Nicolai posted an update 8 years, 2 months ago

    Hi all , & Dr Farrell.

    I’ve followed Dr’s Farrell youtube publications for a year or so. But, this august 2nd 2018, he touch a point that I can relate and corroborate.
    I was born and raised in Costa Rica. As a teenager I’d joined the costarrican anti communist “movement” (there was no official anti-communist political party) and they had, at the…[Read more]

  • ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS
    If any of you new guys have not listened to the archives at “The Byte Show”, there are heaps of interviews with George Ann Hughes and Joseph. A lot of us around here often go back and listen to these wonderful interviews. Yesterday I did exactly that and chose one of my favourites which The Philosophers Stone part 1.
    In the…[Read more]

    • Been working through the Byteshow for the second time after finishing all the dialogues- much better than streaming garbage TV. I thought repeating episodes would be annoying, but it seems I’ve forgotten everything and am learning with Dr. Farrell and Ms. George Ann for the first time again.

  • Load More