Scarmoge

  • Another super-boondoggle coming up – oh and by the way what happened to those SPACEPORTS we were commenting here a couple of years ago?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-13/hurricane-cost-may-skyrocket-billions-stealth-fighter-jets-unaccounted-tyndall-afb

    • It isn’t like they couldn’t have flown them out despite the maintenance or other excuse. Puzzling unless you think it is possible that they were left there to be destroyed, in need of replacement. Government insured? Is there such a thing as government insurance?

      • You can BET there is some kind of insurance involved especially for hangar infrastructure etc. But will we ever hear about it? This is a question for C.A. Fitts.

    • It might be time (actually there have been many previous times) to ask (from someone) for an actual argument as to why appropriations continue when (at least in this case) it is glaringly obvious that NO thought is given to taking care of current resources? If one has resources (in this case very costly resources) in a hurricane prone area…[Read more]

  • Ok a quick update folks. The organ as you know has arrived, and the physical installation is complete today, though the house is an utter disaster. I’ll post pics in a moment on a tidbit (they’re a little blurry I’m afraid as I don’t use my camera that much). But again, a MAJOR thank you to all you donors who made it happen. Thank you so MUCH!…[Read more]

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    Without what we call “emotions”, we wouldn’t be human…

    • Absolutely! See the research (read the introductions and the conclusion sections) of Antonio Damasio. (for popular accounts see his books Looking for Spinoza and The Feeling of What Happens). Also, see a special issue of Scientific American (August 2002) The Hidden Mind. Yet another good resource (possibly more than tangentially related) is…[Read more]

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years ago

    Why did the astronomer Dr. Donald Menzel, specialized in solar observations, feel the need to write THREE books “debunking” UFOs? This seems to be a case of “The Lady doth protest too much, methinks” (Hamlet).

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted an update 8 years ago

    Folks there has been yet ANOTHER major development in the Sunspot story, beyond the blog I did for today/tomorrow. Chances are I will again use the prechat on Friday to discuss this.

  • Kahlypso posted an update 8 years ago

    • I have to occasionally wonder when seeing such reports if they are analogous to this scene in The Truman Show:
      SCHOOL MISTRESS: “What about you, Truman?”
      (Truman rises to his feet, gathering his nerve.)

      TRUMAN: “I want to be an explorer…
      (with reverence) … like Magellan.”

      (The School Mistress smiles benevolently.)

      SCHOOL MISTRESS:…[Read more]

  • DownunderET posted an update 8 years ago

    I don’t know whats going on over at Forum Borealis, but a few weeks ago I put up a post here saying that they had put up an apology and that they would be returning to a normal schedule shortly. Well that was a few weeks ago and nothing has been posted since. I just hope Al’s illness has not returned.

  • DanaThomas posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    Composers: parents and stepchildren. I distinctly heard the Canadian national anthem (supposed to have be composed by LavallΓ© in 1880). It’s one of the violin sonata Op. 5 Ns. 1-11.

    • We’re fortunate to have La Follia Austin Baroque and I enjoyed their recent Saturday afternoon concert with 2 performers on 4 beautiful harpsichords (2 Italian, 1 Franco-Flemish, 1 French) playing Buxtehude, Couperin, Rameau, and several Bach family pieces. Mostly an older audience but a few young people and children too πŸ˜‰

      • There is the one (and only, IMO) reason for living in Austin. Fabulous Margaret! Too bad I just can’t bring myself to work hard enough to find a place to park and not worry about walking by myself back to the remote parking location that I could find. I thought about finding a tiny apartment there just for the Elephant Room and events like this…[Read more]

  • DanaThomas posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    The Irexit party is born

    • Will the country of my ancestors break free from Imperialism 2.0? The struggle to free itself from Imperialism 1.0 has been protracted enough!

  • Folks I want to thank everyone who has bought the new book. It just cleared that “magical threshold” I had in my head for this experiment, so I will like do all books in a self-published format in the future.

    • That’s great news. This might also facilitate editions translated into other languages, avoiding thorny issues of rights held by publishers.

    • Yes, great news and now the New York Times knows what it can do with their best selling list, they can………..censored !!!!!!!!!!!

  • This is sad news:
    https://www.sudbury.com/local-news/breaking-laurentian-professor-michael-persinger-most-famous-for-his-god-helmet-passes-away-1016204#

    It was only when my own investigations led me to look into Dr Persinger’s work more deeply that I realised the full significance of his work. Many of his publicly available findings and…[Read more]

  • DanaThomas posted a new activity comment 8 years, 1 month ago

    Start with Babylon’s Banksters. πŸ™‚

    • If the teachers are worried she can always say that it is a “baby banking” manual which sounds more innocuous.

      • Ihave to contend with her parents. What I did do is give my grandson Rules for Argument. I’m advising develop an argument for alternative points of view as an intellectual exercise. My granddaughter will take a debate class this year. That should help.

        • Debate class? There are a few books around on how to argue a case and to detect and counter false arguments (such as when people, instead of replying on what you say, reply with personal labelling (e.g. “if you say that it means that you are a…”)

    • Struggling with discipline. I want to read Babylon’s Banksters and Mind and Medium, however I am reading the books in order. Sigh. I’m just finishing The SS Brotherhood of the Bell. 😊

  • Joseph P. Farrell posted a new activity comment 8 years, 1 month ago

    lol… hot air from the edgykayshun system?!? Perish the thawt (I lerned to spel in skul).

  • Forum Borealis have posted an update at their web site. They are aware that everybody has been talking about the lack of postings, so they have apologise for that and new posts will be coming soon. So go to the web site for more details.

  • DanaThomas posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    Tidbit related to “Thrice Great” and “Babylon’s Banksters”. About midway into DARK JOURNALIST X-SERIES XXIII: MYSTERY SCHOOL HEIRS & CERN UFO XTECH LEGACY! GIGI YOUNG he discusses the Persinj, the medieval family in Holland. According to the Wiki article the first one arrived in the year 990 FROM GREECE, i.e. the Byzantine Empire. So there may be…[Read more]

  • DownunderET posted a new activity comment 8 years, 1 month ago

    The Russians did it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • DanaThomas posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    De-dollarized financial system: France echoes proposal by German Foreign Minister Maas:
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-27/europe-working-alternative-swift-financial-independence-us

  • Sydney posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    I’m very grateful for every single member on GDS! Anytime I get to feelin’ blue or lonely, all I have to do is pick up an old Vidchat and that apparent cloud of isolation dissipates. The internet can be so very toxic, but here I’ve found hearth and home. Thank you everyone!

  • Don'[t forget we have a vidchat tomorrow evening at 7PM US Central time.

  • ML light posted an update 8 years, 1 month ago

    Just started the New Book– so far, really great!! Thank you Dr. F., you’re the Teacher that I never had in “school”. Thank God that (real) school is NOW in session!! Get the New Book folks, and support a true man of Learning!!

  • Load More